2014年9月16日火曜日

My survey about dialect

Hello everyone, today I'd like to show you the results of my questionnaire about dialect.

Q1: Do you speak any dialects?

Surprisingly, more than the half of our class speak some dialects.   









Q2: If any, what kind of dialects do you speak?
According to this survey, 3 people speak Kansai-dialect, 2 speak Nagoya-dialect and one speaks Kobe-dialect, Ensyu-dialect(Shizuoka region), Miyazaki-dialect, Kanagawa-dialect.

Others speak standard Japanese. 





Q3: Do you think that being able to speak dialects is cool?
※1 for not at all, 4 for strongly agree
6 people think that it's very cool, 5 people say it's cool, 6 people think it's not so cool, and one says it's not cool at all.








Q4: Do you have any particular words or nouns that are used only in your region?

I got some interesting, surprising answers from some dialect speakers as follows;
"Hutekoi" for being brazen.(Osaka)
"Menkoi" for cute.(Aomori)
"Tage" for many or much.(Miyazaki)
"Araiage" for washing dishes.(Shizuoka)

Have you ever heard any of these words? For me, all of these are really unfamiliar and sound a little bit strange. Even I'm a Japanese, I would never understand what these words exactly mean, if people use these during conversations. It was an interesting survey to see the results. Thank you.

Mana


6 件のコメント:

  1. Hi! Your survey was quite interesting for me because I do speak dialects.(I don't do that that much here though) It's kind of funny that how language changes depending on regions even in a small country.

    返信削除
  2. Hi, Mana! Dialects are so nice and interesting that I sometimes wish I could speak dialects. Especially I want to speak Hakata-ben and Kyoto-ben because my friends can speak them and they are cute(I don't know whether they(my friends) or dialects itself is cute, though,haha).

    返信削除
  3. Your survey is fun to read. I really enjoyed it. Taking ELA classes in spring term, I thought that there many friends from Kansai-area in our section. Now it became obvious! I wish I could speak a dialect (cool one :P).

    返信削除
  4. I really enjoyed reading your survey results! It's always fun to get to know unfamiliar words from different region. It's really weird to know these words because it sounds so strange that it even feels like a totally different language but it's not!! :D Good work Mana ;)

    返信削除
  5. Hi! I really liked your survey! I think language is very interesting. Since there are so many dialects only in Japan, it is obvious that it's really hard to communicate with people around the world. Well......it's interesting.

    返信削除
  6. I really enjoyed the contents of the survey.

    返信削除