2014年9月23日火曜日

Homework 3 Zotero


 Hello guys, how are you? Today I'd like to write about my essay a little bit with some sources. The theme of my essay is legalizing the same sex marriage in Japan and I will use some datas as follows;

News, Hugh Schofield BBC, and Paris. “Hollande Signs Gay Marriage Bill.” BBC News.
Accessed September 23, 2014. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22579093.

Sandel, Michael J. Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do?. Reprint版. New York:
FarrarStraus & Giroux, 2010.

“Toyota Moving Forward.” Advocate.com. Accessed September 23, 2014.
http://www.advocate.com/business/equality-allies/2011/09/20/toyota-moving-forward.

 The first article is about cases in France, where gay marriage has legalized this year. Even though France is one of the Catholic countries and many anti-gay marriage
movements exist, 55-60% of French people support the same sex marriage.

 The second one is a book by Michael Sandel, a very famous philosopher at Harvard
university. In this book, he mentions that legalizing the same sex marriage can destroy the
radical concept of "marriage". I'd like to use this idea as counter argument in my essay.

 The third article is about Japanese companies' movements for LGBT people. It says that Toyota is one of the companies which provides convenient environments for LGBT people. 

 By using these datas, I'd like to construct my essay.

 For citations, I used zotero which we learned in the last R&P class. By using this tool, people can easily make MLA style citations and save time. I think this tool is very useful for writing essay or blogs, however, maybe it can be also sometimes wrong. In order to minimize possibilities of plagiarism, I think checking by yourself is also necessary. That's all for today.

Have a nice holiday!! Fall has come :)
Mana

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, Mana! I enjoyed reading your blog! I didn't know that Toyota provides good environment for gay people. In my opinion, existence of minority people is something we have to treasure. Diversity teaches us and makes us realize many things which we otherwise never be able to know. I agree with you that we have to be careful using any tools like zotero when it comes to academic works.

    返信削除
  2. It's kinda surprising to know that Toyota is providing a gay friendly working environment. Is it in Japan or over sea. Is it only for office managers or also for factory workers too? I understand your position of having hard time getting use to Zotero. Anyways, one point that I just want to make it clear is that in second source, you have some kind of Japanese or Chinese character "版", so I suggest you to get rid of it.

    返信削除