2014年10月21日火曜日

Homework (October 20th, 2014)

Guten Tag everyone, how are you? I hope you are doing well :) Today's topic is about evernote, google slide, and my R&P. So now let's start :D

1. Evernote
 Actually, I've started using evernote some months before on my i Phone. The application for phones is also very useful, because you can see some large files, such as exel or pdf clearly on your phone. Sometimes I use it in order to check my shift of part time jobs.

 During today's lecture, we downloaded evernote web clipper on our google crome. I have never used evernote on PC, so it was totally new to me. By using evernote web clipper, you can clip the whole website, bookmark, articles in your evernote easily. Moreover, you can also clip a screenshot of a website and devise the picture online! It was very surprising for me, because it enables me to save much time :) I don't need a long process (taking a screenshot → download in desktop → upload again) anymore! It's awesome :D The other good thing is you can find your files easily according to dates or searching on your evernote. I'm sure that I will continue to use evernote online in order to gather files for making presentations or other stuff.

2. Presentation
 I watched C.R.A.P videos which are provided by one of our tallest ELA teachers, Rab!C.R.A.P stands for Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity. These videos show that how you can improve your presentations or slides effectively by using visual effects. There are 4 things that you should consider when you make presentations. ①Contrast: Strong contrast in color is better to see and impress than weak contrast. ②Repetition: Font, color, font size, pictures should be the same through a presentation in order to keep consistency. ③Alignment: In order to make your presentation more attractive, you should arrange words and pictures effectively. ④Proximity: In a slide, words should have appropriate distances in order to avoid confusions among listeners. All these techniques are very useful to improve presentations. So, I'd like to pay attention to these points for final projects.

3. My topic
 For my final project, I'd like to write about funeral in Japan. However, still I can not find any good sources to support my argument. Maybe I should change my topic... I don't know. I hope I can write a better essay compare to the last one. I'll do my best! See ya!

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hey Mana!!
    One of my Loteria friends!!!

    I'm glad to hear that you like Evernote so far! I totally agree with you!
    You also did a pretty good research on CRAP!
    Your topic looks cool if you can write, but I also understand how tough to find good sources on that topic. It might be too narrow and specific compared to others.
    It would be the last essay for us in this term so let us work on well and have fun!
    Lets go to other delicious restaurants someday!
    Bye

    返信削除
  2. Hi, Mana! I am also surprised that the usefulness of the web clipper. Especially, I liked mozaic effect, because I sometimes thought how we can use mozaic by ourselves, before I knew this one. Wow, your summarize of C.R.A.P. is really easy to understand. I hope we can make an good presentation.
    Have a nice day!

    返信削除
  3. Exactly same thing I thought with you mana!!!the usefulness of the web clipper is extremely powerful! I hope we can work out in a good way DEATH team banzai!

    Funeral in Japan seems very interesting. Why don't we share each opinion. I can show you how does korean's funeral works if you want to know about contrast. hehe Good luck!

    返信削除